iChrissy's iKitchen

**RATE THE PLATE!** I take a recipe and make the dish. Then I'll tell you how it turns out on a scale of 'Great' to 'Hate'. Is this an iChrissy experiment about to go awry?

Sunday, February 19, 2006

Emeril's Asian Braised Short Ribs

The one thing that iChrissy and iGuy love to see on a menu is braised meat. Those small words always seem to pop out at first glance and iChrissy always orders it to "try". Since the first time I tried iGuy's braised pork at Brown Sugar Cafe (Boston, MA) I've been on a declared journey to try and find the perfect braising recipe of my own. And today I put another notch in my braised meat belt with Emeril's Asian Style Braised Short Ribs.

Pre-Braised Short Ribs:

Post-Braised Short Ribs:

The Conclusion:
The recipe calls for braising in a shoyu-lemongrass-garlic-ginger type of liquid with a hint of orange and green onion. At which point, you braise for 3 hours and remove the ribs and reduce the liquid for a glaze-like topping. I, however, do not agree with all thise humbug now that I've made this dish. I think the ribs are absolutely delicious straight out of the braising liquid. The glaze makes the ribs salty and over flavored. It was surprising to iChrissy too as they looked and smelled outrageous. In any event, my second attempt (whenever that may be) will have the braised ribs accompanied by a different sauce.

Rating: 2 out of 5 cupcakes of approval


Recipe: http://www.emerils.com/recipes/by_name/asian_style_braised_short_ribs.html

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello ichrissy. I was wondering if you could try out this new recipe for me. If I give you the recipe, could you give your cupcake rating? That rating really means a lot to me.

12:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home